It is in the nature of human beings to accumulate things. And when you have lived in a house or occupied an office for five or ten or twenty-five years, you tend to have a lot of possessions tucked into cupboards and hidden away in obscure corners. Come the day you have to move – the thought of sorting out and packing all those belongings can be daunting.
Fortunately, help is available. Get It done’s unique moving system takes the stress out of cleaning, sorting, boxing and transporting your belongings to a new home or office.
How, you may ask? Here’s a summary of the process.
The Four Keys
First Key: With your guidance, Christina and her team sort your belongings into two groups; those to keep and those to dispose of.
Second Key: Carefully and efficiently, they pack all the belongings to be kept and organise the disposal of everything else.
Third Key: The team thoroughly cleans the premises, both old and new.
Fourth Key: They move all your possessions to the new place and unpack everything, while you direct the placement.
The process covers a complete list of items that are required when you plan and carry out a move.
What we will do for you
Before we take the first step, we will give you a clear indication of what you can expect during the process of packing & moving.
- Christina will always personally plan all the processes.
- We will not do a job without some level of supervision.
- We can be present throughout the process or we can do only those parts of the move that you want us to.
First Key: Sorting out the clutter
- Sit down together to review everything in your house or office and assess the clutter.
- Discuss what you want to keep and what you want to get rid of.
- Physically separate out what you want to keep from what should go.
- Decide how to dispose of unwanted items: sell them, give them away, donate them to charity, or send them to auction.
Second Key: Packing
We pack up everything from antiques and pianos to plastic garden furniture. We are experienced in dismantling difficult items.
- We use boxes suitable for what is being packed.
- We use lots of white waste paper at the bottom and the top of each box to ensure sufficient cushioning and even bubble wrap where required.
- We use bubble wrap for most glassware & definitely for all delicate glassware.
- All delicate objects d’art are bubble wrapped and boxed.
- All mirrors, large paintings and glass table tops are bubble wrapped and the corners secured with cardboard.
- Clothes are wrapped in a clean box with their hangers. If clothing is kept in a special order, we will pack it so that the order remains the same in the new location.
- We are careful to put fragile items at the top of a pile of boxes.
- Boxes are labelled on top as well as on a side with content details.
- Furniture can be fully packed using heavy tarpaulins, at your request.
- We can provide crating for extra protection where you think this is necessary.
Third Key: Cleaning
We arrange for cleaning the old premises after you have vacated and the new premises before you occupy.
Fourth Key: Transporting and Unpacking
We will transport everything, including your pets, to the new location. On arrival, we will unload all your possessions and unpack all boxes – or as many boxes as you like.
- In the van, items are covered with blankets and secured with straps where appropriate.
- We are experienced in moving difficult objects in difficult situations.
- On arrival at the new premises, we will unpack your immediate kitchen needs and we will make your beds.
- We will unpack and place all items where you would like them to be.
- We will take the empty boxes and packaging away.